A Senior Accountant maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts and posting transactions, balance sheet reconciliations, financial reports and audit analysis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Coordinates, implements, and oversees complex accounting activities, including journal entries, financial statements, company payroll, fixed assets, account reconciliations, compliance with GAAP accounting, financial reporting requirements, and assistance with the budget process.
- Trains, teaches, and provides daily supervision of Staff Accountant and other Finance employees
- Reviews recorded journal entries and monthly financial statements, identifying unusual or significant variances to ensure the financial statements are fairly stated.
- Completes accounting areas that are more complex or judgmental in nature, with oversight from the North American Business Controller
- Assists with external audit functions, including the preparation of audit schedules.
- Provides support for managers and others in analyzing account fluctuations.
- Conducts special projects as assigned.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- 5+ years' experience of working on a Financial Controller, Accounting Supervisor, Chief or Senior Accountant
- Profound experience with typical accounting procedures
- Good experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Good practical experience with accounting software such as SAP, NetSuite or similar
- Good knowledge of financial accounting statements and business trends
- Good understanding of MS Office٫ especially Excel
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills٫ with accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Accounting٫ Finance or other relevant are; a certification such as CMA or CPA will be a bonus
Medix Biochemica is a rapidly growing in vitro diagnostics (IVD) company with Finnish roots and global branches. We’ve got sites in Espoo, Finland; St. Louis and Miami USA; Shanghai, China; Besançon, France, and Konstanz, Germany with further expansion on the horizon. We develop, produce and supply high-quality IVD raw material products that enable our customers to deliver results to billions of patients. Across disciplines and disease areas, we’re always working to shorten our customers’ time to market and build quality into every one of their tests.
Recently, we’ve made some bold acquisitions to help us progress with our big ambitions – to be the first-choice raw material partner for the IVD industry. Today, we can provide our customers with the most comprehensive raw material portfolio in the IVD world, and a team made up of the best minds in the business. And we’d love for you to join us.
As well as our dedication to the IVD industry, we’re dedicated to making Medix Biochemica a great place to work. Our values guide the working practices of over 250 colleagues around the globe. We Care, We Dare, and We Deliver are values we work to uphold, every day!