The Analytical Chemist Level II is responsible for generating and interpreting routine and non-routine analytical data for final product release, product stability and raw materials testing. A level II chemist may be required to schedule testing, review the resulting paperwork and prepare Certificates of Analysis. Additionally, this position may require analytical assay development and assistance with personnel training.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Perform routine and non-routine analytical testing and analysis.
2. Provide analytical assay development as needed.
3. Responsible for following all current SOPs.
4. Assist with personnel training as needed.
5. Responsible for updating, maintaining and approving written protocols for testing procedures.
6. Responsible for maintaining notebook as needed.
7. Responsible for calibration and maintenance of analytical equipment as needed.
8. Responsible for maintaining inventory of supplies and reagents as needed.
9. Assumes additional responsibility for scheduling testing, reviewing resulting assays for accuracy and compliance
and prepares Certificates of Analysis if required.
10. Interact with other Departments, customers and outside laboratories to ensure a smooth flow for product analyses
and distribution of results.
11. Coordinate testing with outside laboratories. This may include identifying qualified laboratories sending samples
to the lab, serving as a liaison between the outside laboratory and Medix Biochemica USA and reviewing results
12. Conduct Out of Specification (OOS) investigations and prepare a report for further review.
13. Responsible for the development and performance of method validation studies with minimal supervision.
14. Assist with the development of new assay procedures.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- At least 2 – 5 years of prior experience in an analytical or manufacturing laboratory is required.
- Minimum undergraduate bachelor degree in Science or minimum of four years of experience in relevant field.
Medix Biochemica is a rapidly growing in vitro diagnostics (IVD) company with Finnish roots and global branches. We’ve got sites in Espoo, Finland; St. Louis and Miami USA; Shanghai, China; Besançon, France, and Konstanz, Germany with further expansion on the horizon. We develop, produce and supply high-quality IVD raw material products that enable our customers to deliver results to billions of patients. Across disciplines and disease areas, we’re always working to shorten our customers’ time to market and build quality into every one of their tests.
Recently, we’ve made some bold acquisitions to help us progress with our big ambitions – to be the first-choice raw material partner for the IVD industry. Today, we can provide our customers with the most comprehensive raw material portfolio in the IVD world, and a team made up of the best minds in the business. And we’d love for you to join us.
As well as our dedication to the IVD industry, we’re dedicated to making Medix Biochemica a great place to work. Our values guide the working practices of over 250 colleagues around the globe. We Care, We Dare, and We Deliver are values we work to uphold, every day!