Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Produces biological components and products by setting-up, cleaning, operating, and maintaining equipment; following aseptic procedures; documenting actions.
- Prepares for production by reviewing production schedule; studying and clarifying specifications; calculating requirements; assembling and weighing materials and supplies.
- Maintains the Washroom and surrounding area in a constant state of cleanliness
- Prepares equipment by performing manual cleaning of all equipment/ sanitization of tanks and equipment according to formula; conducting operator inspections; performing preventive maintenance checks
- Produces requirements by operating and monitoring equipment; observing varying conditions; adjusting equipment controls; calculating concentrations, dilutions, and yields; adhering to aseptic filtering and filing procedures.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by following current good manufacturing practices (cGMP), and standard operating procedures; complying with legal regulations; monitoring environment.
- Ability to comprehend SOP and GMP
- Ability to work in ISO certified clean room, fully gowned with mask gloves and goggles
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; calling for repairs; Lifts and moves equipment and supplies.
- Documents production by completing forms, reports, and records of equipment and batches. Maintains logs and signs all work completed after each task is performed.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The Manufacturing Technician works closely to the Manufacturing Team Lead and reports directly to the Manufacturing Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Highschool diploma or GED required, bachelor’s degree in health science or related discipline is preferred.
Knowledge of GMP is preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific terms. Ability to write reports, documents, standard operating procedures and protocols that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management. Attention to detail, as well as following standard operating procedures is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand for an extended period. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The manufacturing room is an ISO class 8 clean room which requires a full PAPR gown.
The manufacturing work environment is extremely structured and closely monitored by the Manufacturing Supervisor.
Medix Biochemica is a rapidly growing in vitro diagnostics (IVD) company with Finnish roots and global branches. We’ve got sites in Espoo, Finland; St. Louis and Miami USA; Shanghai, China; Besançon, France, and Konstanz, Germany with further expansion on the horizon. We develop, produce and supply high-quality IVD raw material products that enable our customers to deliver results to billions of patients. Across disciplines and disease areas, we’re always working to shorten our customers’ time to market and build quality into every one of their tests.
Recently, we’ve made some bold acquisitions to help us progress with our big ambitions – to be the first-choice raw material partner for the IVD industry. Today, we can provide our customers with the most comprehensive raw material portfolio in the IVD world, and a team made up of the best minds in the business. And we’d love for you to join us.
As well as our dedication to the IVD industry, we’re dedicated to making Medix Biochemica a great place to work. Our values guide the working practices of over 250 colleagues around the globe. We Care, We Dare, and We Deliver are values we work to uphold, every day!