Are you ready to impact the Healthcare Industry in a growing company?
A Product Manager is responsible for understanding the markets and competitive landscape we operate within, developing a portfolio of relevant and competitive products that address market demands, maintaining products throughout their lifecycles, training the commercial team on the value proposition and selling techniques of the products in the portfolio and should be the liaison between the external (customers, suppliers) and the internal (Sales, Marketing, R&D, etc.) stakeholders to support the portfolio. This individual must analyze current and proposed products for commercial, technical and portfolio suitability, conduct market research, define product requirements, specifications, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction, and develop marketing strategies. A Product Manager should possess enough product knowledge to support and address the technical requirements of all responsible products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Commercial (training, relationships, commercial focus, cross-selling, upselling, expansion selling)
- Be the subject matter expert and primary resource for the commercial team when assistance in commercial activities is needed
- Develop and maintain a commercial focus through establishing relationships with key customers in coordination with the commercial team to bring the thoughts and perspectives of the customer to the organization
- Deliver trainings to the global commercial team to ensure individuals are properly representing the product portfolio and group/site-specific capabilities
- Actively support commercial objectives through cross-selling, upselling and expansion selling initiatives and guidance provided to commercial team and customers
- Jointly own annual sales budget and profitability responsibility with business unit lead and commercial teams
- Communicate with customers regarding new products, modifications to current products and provide technical guidance
- Manage products through the entirety of their life cycle, including conducting market research, identification of competitors, provide guidance on pricing strategy, how the materials are used and why relevant products are required by the marketplace, identify needs, setting specifications and targets for new products, successfully planning, and launching new products, and perform end-of-life activities for products at discontinuation
- Understand market trends, competitive landscape, and customer requirements to help build new product pipeline
- Develop product specifications and sales support materials for internal trainings and customer-facing selling materials
- Analyze and recommend annual pricing changes and new product pricing strategies
- Ensure technical service questions and customer complaints are handled quickly to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, while also considering business requirements
- Serve as the main technical and product resource for customers and internal stakeholders
- Perform market research to identify product opportunities and bring relevant and competitive products to the portfolio
- Actively collaborate with the Marketing Department in the development and execution of strategic marketing plans and communications for the portfolio and implement comprehensive, tactical programs to ensure successful campaigns and communication of customer value proposition
- Analyze market opportunities and customer needs to define opportunities for existing product lines and development of new growth areas as coordinated with business unit lead
- Collaborate with R&D and partners to ensure that products being developed are meeting the expectations as defined by product inputs supplied by Product Management (costs, scale, technical specifications, and requirements)
- Travel as needed for conference, trade shows, training, customer visits and more
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- Follow all safety protocols
- Direct day-to-day operations of the biological materials segment of the business
- Assist with designing and implementing a strategic sales plan to grow the biological segment’s revenue and brand in the marketplace
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific discipline or business degree with multiple years of experience in IVD, life science, and/or biotechnology background. At least 5 years’ experience in the biotechnology or relevant industry is preferred. A proven record in management and handling multiple complex projects and coordination between multiple functions at once is strongly preferred.
Medix Biochemica is a rapidly growing in vitro diagnostics (IVD) company with Finnish roots and global branches. We’ve got sites in Espoo, Finland; St. Louis and Miami USA; Shanghai, China; Besançon, France, and Konstanz, Germany with further expansion on the horizon. We develop, produce and supply high-quality IVD raw material products that enable our customers to deliver results to billions of patients. Across disciplines and disease areas, we’re always working to shorten our customers’ time to market and build quality into every one of their tests.
Recently, we’ve made some bold acquisitions to help us progress with our big ambitions – to be the first-choice raw material partner for the IVD industry. Today, we can provide our customers with the most comprehensive raw material portfolio in the IVD world, and a team made up of the best minds in the business. And we’d love for you to join us.
As well as our dedication to the IVD industry, we’re dedicated to making Medix Biochemica a great place to work. Our values guide the working practices of over 250 colleagues around the globe. We Care, We Dare, and We Deliver are values we work to uphold, every day!
- Medix Biochemica USA (MO)
- Product Management
- St. Louis, MO, USA
St. Louis, MO, USA
Big enough company to be industry-leading but small enough to have flexibility and the feeling of being part of a community
An international and diverse working environment with colleagues passionate about making a difference in the IVD industry
A welcoming culture where you can utilise your skills but also grow and develop them alongside our rapidly growing organization
Workplace & Culture
Our heritage provides us with a strong foundation. We are proud of our quality, are explorers at heart, and are all committed team players—it’s in our DNA. Our passion, diversity, and values form the foundation of our shared culture. We are passionate about innovation and delivering quality to our customers and people.
As part of our We Care value, we strive for a diverse culture of inclusion and belonging. We come from all around the world and have employees in many different countries. This means our team speaks many of different languages. Our employees also have diverse professional backgrounds and education. Some have been with us for only a few months while, others have been here for over 40 years. We also strive for a diverse culture where everyone can be their true selves at work - making a difference in the success of the company and the world around us.
About Medix Biochemica
A truly global company with a proudly Finnish background, we’ve dedicated decades to serving the IVD industry.
Are you ready to impact the Healthcare Industry in a growing company?
Loading application form